Thursday, May 25, 2017

SELF LOVE - the reality of mom life.

Hello my lovelies - is it Friday yet?

So I'm going to be 110% real when I say not all days are sugar n' spice. In fact, more often than less my days as a stay at home mompreneur consist of no makeup, dirty hair and the feeling that there is never enough coffee.  Today is definitely one of those days.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my babies and I LOVE that I get to work from home with them.  It isn't my intent to sound ungrateful in this post, but rather to be open and honest about life.  Although I aspire to look well kept daily, raise role model children and overall be successful in everything that I do, I also know that I'm only human.  

I set simple and realistic goals daily that I can feel good about being able to accomplish.  I also start my days off with the understanding that Murphy's Law is very real, and that as a mom anything that can happen, WILL.  Not everything in life will be "Instagram picture perfect", and I'm okay with that.  

Today my goal is simply to focus on taking care of the children and myself.  After a rough night spent taking care of a fussy infant, this momma bear is running off of fumes.  Sometimes it's okay to spend your free time snuggling the tiny humans rather than checking off your To Do List.  After all, they're only tiny once.  

So regardless of your profession, I hope you find some time for yourself (and for your family, if that applies).  Whether its today, tomorrow or in the near future - pat yourself on the back for a job well done, no matter what that job may be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment